What you need, what you have to bring, how to get to us.
Find below all relevant information for participants for the Freshpak Salt Pans Ultra Marathon. The information below are from the 2019 event and might change in 2020. We will keep all registered runners up to date with our newsletter.
Route map for Gaborone To Kukonje Island by
We will provide the following:
- supper from Saturday 28 Sep and 3 meals a day until you leave after breakfast on 1 Oct
a tent and mattress if you booked these
a cash bar (bring Pula)
5L of hot water for a bucket bath
we will provide a charging station
- your pillow
- your sleeping bag
- toiletries including your own shower gel and shampoo
- a fleece for the evenings which may still be cool
- your tent and mattress if you didn’t book these
- we recommended closed shoes for the evenings (scorpions)
- A back pack that can carry at least two litres of water. Water stops are 13kms apart.
- Sunglasses (running on the pans is like running on snow)
- Sun bloc
- A GPS watch to upload the provided gpx route data. Batteries must last as long as you will be running each day. You can download them here
- Head torch with spare batteries
- Phone with GPS functionality
- Buff (important, in case its windy and by extension sandy)
- Running nutrition